Sunday, March 02, 2008

I WAS PEGGED TO BE RANDOM

So... Jeffrey Benson tagged me to come up with random things about myself. I'm sure I will add to this in the future, but here goes.

1. I am addicted to reading magazines. My ideal job would be to read or proofread magazines.
2. I have never really wanted to be a nurse. I am excited to be a Nurse Practitioner. I think sometimes about going back to be a dentist, which I wanted to do for 8 years. But I won't. 
3. I love every person I've dated for more than a month. I always will. 
4. I have dated an extremely disproportionate number of guys whose names start with J. Two Josh. One James. One Jake. One Jay. 
5. I love 80's Madonna. 
6. I have a lot of journals, and I could read them a million times. 
7. I used to work at Jiffy Lube. 
8. (Jeff mentioned that he's narcissistic. At Jiffy Lube, one of the guys made fun of me from looking at myself so much in the windows. It haunts me to this day. Because I hate catching myself doing it. But I think I very quickly deteriorate from looking nice to looking disasterous, and I like to know at what point that is.)
9. My first kiss was at 19. My first great make-out was at 21. That was the "funnest" night of my entire life. 
10. If I could spend all my money picking out perfect gifts for people I love, I would. It's my absolute favorite thing. Okay, just one of my favorites. 
11. I'm really not that great of a driver. 
12. I've been in about 6 wrecks. 
13. I was a horrible cook before my Williams-Sonoma healthy kitchen cookbook set. 
14. I always wonder how I spend money so well. And by well I mean often.
15. I don't remember the last time I was as completely happy as when I got back from Boise last week. 
16. I love to have fun. I love it. I am generally not really good at coming up with the ideas of "what to do." But once I am somewhere, I sure can make it really really fun. I do wish I could come up with the ideas sometimes.
17. I hate the hobbies question on stuff. I hang out. I shop. I organize my life. I spend too much time on my blog. I don't have "hobbies."
18. I grew up in Florida, Texas, and Idaho. I really like this, and I hope I can expose my kids to a bunch of life things. 
19. I love manly men. You know, the truck, the tools. I need that in my life. It's like I think I can cover everything else good on my own. But I need the truck for camping and I need someone to show me where the rear main seal is and adjust the temperature on my water heater. Usually these men are associated with some type of beer. This may be my problem. 
20. I have really good memories of camping as a child, but it's been a while. 
21. My brother and I are weirdly alike, and I love it. 
22. I'm the only Mormon female I know who has performed a wedding ceremony. 
23. I own a lot of alcohol for cooking that I never drink. I bought it at a liquor store with my old roommates and felt so weird.
24. People often say, "I have never met anyone like you before ever." They say this in a good way, and it makes me happy for the weird little things I do, like buy a 1965 Bel air....or go to 5 grocery stores for dinner....or get a boat permit for my inflatable raft to hang out in the middle of Tempe Town Lake at 9 o'clock at night. 
25. I had major food issues in high school...like a lot of girls. Ate too little, worked out too much. Cried 'cause I thought I was "so fat"... and now I am not like that, eat like a normal person, and weigh exactly the same. To the pound. 
26. I adored junior high. Turning 12 was one of the most exciting days of my life.
27. There was a year of my life where I ate a jar of peanut butter a week. This has slowed down slightly. 
28. This blog started because I am very particular about what brands of stuff I use. I've used the same toner since I was 12. (Nivea Visage Moisturizing). I fell in love with milk from a small organic dairy in Boise. I've used the same body wash for about 8 years. And I went through about 10 face washes until I finally bought one I liked enough to buy it again. 
29. My family laughs a lot. I don't know how to get along with people who don't make fun of me a little bit. I might laugh too much at the hospital, but I know that laughing helps a lot of situations. 
30. I got my first smile lines at 23. 
31. I don't have facebook.
32. I love working nights; mostly because I don't ever have to get up at 5:30.
33. The only bones I've broken were my collar bones at the age of 3 from falling off the bed. 
34. ....but I am a klutz. I have a lot of bruises that I don't remember getting. I know I ran into something; I just don't notice anymore. 
34. I'm scared of breaking someone's heart. 
35. Clueless is probably my favorite movie. 
36. I was one of those teenage girls that made Titanic such a huge success. I saw it 4 times in the theater. And I think 2 since. I still have one of the ticket stubs.
37. I dated a guy 15  years older than me. We are still friends. (In fact, you can link to his blog :o) )
38. I get hit on a lot more by non-LDS guys than LDS guys. oh well.
39. I recycle. 

4 comments:

Jeffrey Benson said...

You can spend your money buying gifts for me because, as it turns out, I could spend my life being showered with gifts.

My Mormon cousin performed our friend's wedding ceremony... butter yet he did it wearing nothing but a thong.

indeazgirl said...

That is insane. Whew!! I feel great about it now, knowing I was wearing so many clothes!

Sweet Em said...

I think I'm starting to hate these random things about me blogs - only because in Emily's she said she just fit back into her pre baby jeans and YOU weigh the same as in highschool!! Simply put, that is not fair!

I'm really looking forward to when you come have fun with me! I'll come up with the things to do - you bring the laughter!

Anonymous said...

I know of a guy that would fit what you are looking for in number 19