Thursday, July 10, 2008

1/2 Cup


This is in response to my dad's Blue Bell comment. (Which, yes, I  included that picture partially to torture him.) This is what 1/2 cup of Blue Bell looks like. 
Throughout my life, I've wondered what the 1/2 cup serving of ice cream looks like. But despite whatever neuroses I may have had about food, I've always been a little scared to measure this one out. 
Until today. This is what 160 delicious calories of Blue Bell Strawberries and Homemade Vanilla looks like. 7 Glorious and totally worth it grams of fat. (Sidenote: how Blue Bell gets their Ice Cream so delicious for 1/4 fat of Ben & Jerry's I will never know but always appreciate.) 
I ate this 1/2 cup. Slowly. I savored it; I loved it. And I will honestly try to keep my servings this size at least until August.  I read the other day that Americans try to eat as much food as possible instead of savoring the little things. 
So instead of devouring this entire half gallon, I will find out how many 1/2 cup servings are in one (well, in the half that still remains. :o) )

6 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

oh goodness. All I can say is good luck.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Yeah right! You and I living in the same house for the next three weeks and only eating a 1/2 a cup at a time.... You see this won't work when you eat a 1/2 a cup at a time with seconds, thirds, and fourths! Hahaha!

RC said...

So the torture continues, a 1/2 cup at a time?????? How can you continue this extreme cruelty to your own father????? Oh how I miss the creamy texture and delicious decadence of the original Texas gold. Eat on dear daughter in memory of your Texan father.....

Katie said...

LOVE Blue Bell... when I am pregnant, I eat a bowl full every night! That's probably why Charlie is almost 8 months old and I am still working on getting the "blue bell" off my body! :)

Byron Lynn said...

It is 9 am here in Austin and I haven't eaten anything yet for breakfast and the Bluebell looks real tempting....but alas, only Blue Bunny for me!! Much Love, Byron Lynn

LaQuejadora said...

i think that 1/2 cup is probably a spoonful in my husbands estimates...i really like that Dreyer's slow churned french vanilla. yum...i've never tried blue bell though.