Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Cloudy Skies


The problem with summer here is that there are many days where I feel trapped by the heat. Ironically, I don't remember feeling this way in Florida and Texas where it must have been really close to as hot as this.
Wherever you are, I want you to stand up and go outside. Look up at the sky. And appreciate the clouds. Because you never appreciate them until they're gone. Almost every Arizona day is cloudless. It kind of makes you feel like a cookie in an oven. I'm not a fan of the vastness. But monsoon season has started, and today there were clouds in the sky.
I decided yesterday that on days that were less than 110 degrees, I would run outside. I miss it, and I can't handle this much being inside and being lazy. It's starting to show up on my stomach and the class reunion is in 3 weeks! Today it was 105, slightly breezy, and cloudy. So I attempted to run 3 miles. It's been about a month, and I did a terrible job. I had to walk half of it and felt miserable for most of it, but now that I'm home, I'm really glad I did it. (Besides, I can look at March's 7 Days of Running and see that things will get better). I was going to go lift afterwards, but since I was shaking, I decided against heavy lifting.
This picture is from A mountain mid-June on another hot day I couldn't stay inside. It was hotter than today. I walked. Slowly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to running and even I don't go running in the middle of the day. You're crazy!

RC said...

I have a hard time feeling sorry for your stomach and three weeks until the reunion when the picture directly below that post shows you holding a carton of BLUE BELL.

Was this to just torture your father or what?

Jessica McIntyre said...

I really have no idea what you are doing in the picture??

indeazgirl said...

I'm sitting on the side of "A" mountain-- Inside the "A"!