Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Day Off


wow. I just tried to write a blog post while listening to Tracy Chapman, and, hmm, can't exactly write upbeat words while listening to Tracy Chapman. So I've worked 5 of the last 6 days. Including the 4th. I had a little pity party for myself last Saturday on that night off work and ate an entire can of olives (which interestingly, wasn't bad on my stomach at all...). But no more lame nights off like that!
The original plan was for Bridget and I to go to the beach in Cali, but we didn't. Waiting for Brad to get home. And Ariana to have time, and whatever. It worked. So we had a little barbeque instead. Nobody brought meat except for John. Not exactly sure where that miscommunication occurred. I had a T-bone. It was perfect. And I finally bought a charcoal chimney, which my dad has been telling me to do for about a year. I still had to use lighter fluid, though. I think maybe our charcoal got a little damp outside. Who knows?

Grocery shopping today was fun. For one, I remembered to take all our plastic bags to get recycled. There were about a million of them. And I also remembered to use all my canvas bags. I think I finally have enough cute ones to make it fun. (Whole Foods just made one for 88 cents, I think, that is really cute. To prove it, I've seen 2 this week at work.)
The party was fun. A girl Theressa who I have only met once came, and she's so cool so that was fun. And John, who came over for Salmon, and our neighbors. About 10 people maybe. Bridget made kick-a guacamole and Ariana made a killer fruit salad set in a scooped-out watermelon.
So after my perfect T-bone, I also had Blue Bell for dessert. It doesn't get more fun than that.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I gained two pounds from the guacamole alone. Bridget is never allowed to make that when I'm there again! But the bbq was so fun and hopefully when you do go to the beach, I can come. :]

Jessica McIntyre said...

Oh I love your bags. Mine are just stupid Fred Meyer bags. They haven't brought cute bags to Boise yet :-(

indeazgirl said...

Jessica-
The green one is from Pier 1 and the white one is from Victoria's Secret. I know you have both those stores in Boise.
:o)
Christin

Sweet Em said...

Your hair looks GREAT in those pictures!

RC said...

I think I gained two pounds just reading that entry. I also lost a pound of water weight salavating over the BLUE BELL pictures. It looked better than your hair!