Saturday, November 08, 2008

Boston Begins, October 30th, Thursday


So I can't sleep right now. Trust me, I want to, but I can't. Oh well. TIME TO BLOG!!

Thursday I flew to Boston. On 1 hour of sleep. I sewed. I packed. And then I didn't sleep. Oh well. The flight was great, and I arrived at about 5:30. It was so fun to see Em and Tessa (for the first time!). She is so cute and so chill. I love that little girl!
The drive home, I was completely in awe. With all her visitors, I couldn't help thinking in Emily's mind was going, "Yep, the leaves. The leaves are great. So beautiful. Yep, those houses are amazing. Still amazing. Every day amazing. If I hear about these leaves one more time...." , but she lovingly tolerated my gushing all week long. Maybe it's the brownness of Arizona that makes you appreciate any color in the landscape, but I was totally in love all the way home. So gorgeous.
Then we went GROCERY SHOPPING! Which was awesome because Emily said, "The thing I love is that I know you will be UP for grocery shopping," which was totally true. I love grocery shopping in general, and it's just that much more fun with friends.
During this grocery shopping trip, Em helped me discover Whoopie Pies.


Whoopie Pies are a New England specialty. Two delicious pieces of cake stuck together with cream. Oh, so healthy. Oh, so delicious. But I learned maybe a 1/2 a whoopie pie each day is easier on the stomach than a whole one! Wow.
I went to sleep early. Crazy early. So here, you know I work nights and almost always sleep from 3am to noon. There I slept from about 9pm to 5:30am every day. Which, in my time zone, is 6pm to 2:30 am, which makes it all the crazier. But my body switched back as soon as I got home. Thank goodness! I worked the next night. Moving on...
it only gets better.
This was my view every morning waking up of the Salem Sunrise.

:o)
Oh, and since I have Seven comments on the temporary posting, I can't delete it. I'm paralyzed from that motion. It stays. 

3 comments:

Sweet Em said...

The difference between you and I is that one whoopie pie was easy for me to eat and I probably could have had another 1/2...the other difference is probably about 30 lbs...hum...

indeazgirl said...

OH please!

bradleyjohn said...

The thing is Emily only had to hear about the leaves for four days. I will be hearing about them for at least four weeks. It's okay though. I suppose that's one of the things I've learned to love about my sister :)