Saturday, November 08, 2008

November 1st Time to Explore Downtown Boston














Tessa is a trooper. What other toddler can spend 9 hours exploring downtown and just nap in her stroller and be happy all day long?!
Today we went to Boston. We took the T train in and just walked around. We explored the Italian North End, which was so absolutely picturesque I could have died. The doors, the window boxes, the brick buildings, the tailoring shops, the utter poetic-ness of the whole area.
We ate lunch at a delicious Seafood place. Emily and Aaron had pasta, but I couldn't resist. I was near Boston Harbor. I was having LOBSTER!! For $18 (I was shocked) I had 1/2 a beautiful lobster, the best mussels of my life, and delicious clams. Just as I finished, a guy walked in with a cardboard box full of more lobsters! Talk about fresh!



And then the sailors walked by. I couldn't get out of the restaurant fast enough to get my picture taken with them. I could have even kissed one and crossed "Kiss a Stranger" off my list. They were in blue and white and they were so so cute. We tried later to hunt them down, but we couldn't. This will be my one regret in Boston. So sad.
Next, to Mike's Pastry. Where I decided I love Bostonians. I took a picture of the crowd that was there, and two of the guys about our age said, "Hey, we just got paparazzied!" So I introduced myself and we talked for awhile and they were just so cool. We got chocolate mousse cannolas (that's plural cannoli) that were to die for. Even Tessa loved them!
We then went to the USS Constitution (in hunt of sailors), but did not find them. Instead, I got my picture taken with a very friendly tour guide with a very thick Boston accent. So Cute!!
We saw the church where Paul Revere lit the laterns as a warning. Apparently you had to buy a pew in this church and you had a little pew box for your family. I had to take a picture. 
We also walked around Boston Common (Boston's central park. Much smaller. Quite beautiful.) And down Newberry street, home of Chanel, Ralph Lauren, and Valentino. 
Good Times. Go Boston. 
(Oh, and I got some actual Boston Red Socks here. Fun Fun.)

This is us at Hay Market. Where all the Fruits & Veggies that don't sell during the week come. 50 cent asparagus!! Whoo-hoo!!

2 comments:

RC said...

Stay away from the sailors! You should know better than that. Your mother nearly married one and evn did marry an ex-sailor.

I wish you would have bought some lobsters to send home. Your family could have enjoyed some of them. I just realized this comment should have gone on the next posting you did. Sorry.

Suzette Selden said...

Your trip sounds so fun! I am totally jealous.