Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Replacing Perfect...

On Saturday night, the crew all went to Dave & Busters (like a grown up place with little games and tickets and prizes and a restaurant and bar). For those of you from Texas, it's adult Mr. Gatti's. The point of this being, I set my purse down on the floor for 5 or 10 minutes and it got stolen. I'm still in a bit of shock, but it apparently happens "a lot" there, from the people I talked to. Which is ridiculous. Post a sign! Warn people! Get security tapes! People shouldn't have unlimited access to other people's purses. Grrr!!
The Denial that I will never get this back has almost worn off. The most perfect little red Kenneth Cole purse that after 4 years people still commented on. The cheap little best Nokia cell phone in the whole world. Gone. 6 years of random contacts and phone numbers of people I'll never talk to again. My guy wallet that I loved. That probably wasn't perfect but I loved anyways.
I spent 4 hours yesterday finding a purse that was close to as perfect as my Kenneth Cole. And I do hope the person who stole it gets a nice wallop to the nose in the afterlife.
I'm getting a new sweet Nokia today. I have a new drivers' license with a cuter picture than before. In three days I'll have my debit card back.
Life will return to normal.
It's just hard replacing perfect.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Super bummer! Way to see a little bit of the silver lining...

RC said...

I was sorry to hear about this and of course could offer words of wisdom about leaving your purse unguarded (no matter what) BUT all I really want to do is be the one that knocks the purse snatcher sensless. I have been building up a lot of anger lately and I should would like a place to vent it. Let me at him!

Travis Butterfield said...

FOUR HOURS??? That's hilarious, and kind of disturbing.

MindySue said...

Awwwww. I'm so sorry. Do you have any pictures of your perfect Kenneth Cole. you could post it on the blog and have a little memorial for it...and we could all admire it one last time.

Anonymous said...

Travis,
4 hours is a small time to look for the perfect purse. They are very hard to come by.

Jessica McIntyre said...

I will say what your dad was being nice enough not to. . . . DON'T LEAVE YOUR PURSE UNATTENDED!!! Your area code isn't 208 anymore, so you can't do that kind of stuff anymore. I am sorry about the purse. . . I think we met right after you got it and I remember how excited you were. What kinda of phone did you get? I love new phones.

Katie said...

that stinks!! i would love to see your old purse though...