Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Barneys New York


Yes, I realize three of the last five posts now have to do with stores. Forgive me, except for the amazing fall weather that has finally arrived, there's not a lot to do here but shop.
Maybe that's why Scottsdale Fashion Square just added a wing that includes Barneys New York.
Now, a few months ago Ariana and I went to the Jimmy Choo store to try on those $700 shoes after pedicures and it was awesome.
And the other day I needed to return a shirt and get some powder, so Lena and I ran to the mall. The lady at Anthropologie just happened to mentioned that Barneys had opened two days ago. So, although Lena didn't really understand the big deal, we went.
And I gasped. True, the clothes were a little boring, actually. True, it COULD be considered pretentious. True, I wasn't dressed for this store (but most people weren't, really). BUT.
They had Christian Louboutin shoes. Shoes that I love. Shoes that are beautiful and comfortable and always have red soles. Shoes that I have always said one day I would buy.
I didn't.
I don't think I will. Mostly because I realized that day that investing $800 into an account now would likely in 18 years pay all of a child's college education.
But Lena tried on some $1100 shoes herself.
And the guy was actually really cool to us and we had a blast.
Sometimes living in a "Rich Place" can be a little bit awesome.
(This isn't my picture. I need to learn to bring my camera more places. You never know what might happen!)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your posts always have a refreshing effect on me... :) I'm glad you've found some fun in the past couple of weeks!!

Katie said...

Christin I love reading your shopping posts:) You sound like an EXPERT! I could probably learn a lot from you. Haha.