Monday, October 05, 2009

Glamour is What Brings Us Together Today....


So I've subscribed now to Glamour for something like 7 years. Once in awhile I think it's silly, but most of the time, not. For awhile, I didn't know why I wasn't enjoying it as much. Then I realized it's because I wasn't stressed out enough. Once school started, though, I was like, "Yeah!!! Glamour's in the mailbox!!" Instant stress reliever.
Over the years, Jessica and I have read it together on separate couches, and more than one boyfriend has been cajoled into reading an article or two. And my brother, of course, is no exception.
The October issue is usually my favorite, and this year didn't disappoint. The 10 most inspirational college women of the year (22 year olds who accomplish more than most people do in their lifetimes), a 27-year old Mormon virgin tells her story, great fall clothes, and a romantic article by Jake about long-distance love.
Which is why my heart warmed when a few new friends read my Glamour together on the couch, and a few days later Jessica texted me to tell me to turn to page 215.
Glamour....in a crazy world, sometimes it's silliness is what brings my life together.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

And the other girl who hopes and prays that when she is on vacation to your house it comes so she can read it!

Jessica McIntyre said...

I was recently told I was to old for Glamour and that I am now getting to the age to read Redbook and Good Housekeeping. I'll be honest, I was a little offended. Glamour is still my all time favorite of all of our magazines.