Monday, July 30, 2007

MONSOON SEASON HAS ARRIVED

So nothing was really more exciting when I moved here than hearing people talk about "monsoon season." The word monsoon is about as exciting to me as the word tsunami. To the point where one would think equal amounts of water would be involved. But nobody would really give me a good explanation of monsoon season, and they showed no excitement, so I was really left to wonder and wait.

Basically it turns out it just means rainy season, but it's still fun. It rained 5 days in a week, with stormy weather each time, and killer lightning once. There is a tendency to flash flood, and I found out that my car lurches really really bad when I go through a deep puddle fast and get water all over my distributor cap.

This picture is right outside my house. This happened in like an hour. It's been 3 days now and it's still here. I had been upset about a dead spot of grass that is now under water. It's growing really well now.

No comments: