Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Birthday French Toast


I turned 28 on Christmas Eve, which luckily was less traumatic than turning 27 (nothing bad happened; it was just a shock to my system to not be 26 anymore...)
Anyways, Kaitlynn's birthday is the 26th, and with all the sugar that is already associated with Christmas, my mom was like ""do you really want a birthday cake?" So I thought about it. And I thought about a conversation I had at work about stuffed French Toast. I had never had stuffed french toast, nor had I heard about it. Something with Cream Cheese inside and folded French Toast. And I decided to have Stuffed French Toast for my birthday.
We all got online on food.com and found a recipe that called for chocolate chips, cream cheese, and bananas inside the french toast, covered in strawberry or raspberry puree. It was super sweet but very good. And with a candle in the middle, every bit as good as a birthday cake. Especially because my wonderful amazing fabulous father slaved over a hot stove to make it for me. Of course.
Happy Birthday to Me!! :o) (Oh, and please just ignore the huge zit in the middle of my forehead on this picture. I didn't think about concealer for breakfast. :o) )

No comments: