Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Freakin Pappadeaux



So the plan for this week's party involved alligator appetizer, gumbo with cornbread, and sweet potato pie. Pappadeaux- the still amazing seafood restaurant-- told us two months ago that we could buy frozen alligator from them. We called and checked like 4 times. And then at 11 on Saturday night they gipped out on us. Freakin' a! We were so mad.
Just us, though. Everybody else didn't care. It was actually a very awesome week. For this one, the bishop and his wife and one of the councilors and his wife (The Mathesons and the Smiths) came over too. Also, Travis, Layton, Jared, and Ariana. Everybody left about 11. Just a sweet awesome time.
Travis made fun of Ariana for liking Nike commercials, Travis got grilled about dating, Brad told the bishop about our idea of playing Spin the Bottle at church activities to spice things up, and Brad was called to be the Marriage Counselor in the ward. Not really on the last part. But really on everything else.
None next week. 'Cause it's almost my BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm almost 28!! sosososo old.... :o)

4 comments:

Maria said...

Hey--watch who you're calling old there, missy! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, Travis was making fun of me for the Gatorade commercials... And Pappadeaux was extremely lame.

But as Sister Smith said, you are such a lovely hostess!

Travis Butterfield said...

you are a pretty great hostess. And, not to split hairs or anything, but, I was making fun of ariana for both Nike AND Gatorade commercials. Ha ha ha. Aren't I a pill? Oh well. She knows I love her.

Sweet Em said...

I have to be honest if I were your guest and the alligator appetizer didn't show up...I'd get over it. Quickly.

P.S. Happy Birthday!!