Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve Plans/ Garbage Ban

I ate like most people do at Christmas when they go home. A lot. of crap. Like peppermint ice cream with peppermint oreos. And sugar cookies. And birthday cake. You know. Enough that by the last day my body was like, "Help me! Help me!" So Brad and I are swearing off crap for a month. Kind of like no sugar, but not exactly. I can eat jelly. And yogurt with sugar. But not anything that exists for the sake of being junk food. Which has been great since the 27th- three days- but was so hard yesterday. I got home from work on Sunday morning at 8 and was ravenous. So I had cereal and slept. Woke up at noon for church and was ravenous. I ate a toasted pita with peanut butter and bananas on the way there. After church I was convinced I was going to die if I didn't get tons of food in me as soon as possible. It is hard to come up with healthy stuff that's as easy to stuff in your mouth as fast as a handful of chocolate chips!! I threw together a spinach salad with kidney beans and really good cheese, the whole time convinced I might pass out on the floor. Luckily, while I was eating Brad made Pozole, which is a Mexican soup you can buy in a can which somehow has a lot of fat but tastes healthy and seems healthy and has lots of protein and fiber and which I have every intention of continuing to eat and I ate that. And I put frozen fruit and milk in a bowl but then fell asleep before I could eat it because I was so tired from work and my 3 hours of sleep. But I was hungry when I slept, too, because I distinctly remember eating 4 different times during my dreams. I ate the fruit when I woke up at 10:30. (I had put it in the fridge.) And I made chicken with butternut squash and peas. And a peanut butter apple. Whew! And now I'm hungry again. :o)
For all this and for working out on the 26th, the 28th, and the 29th (and not working out any other time during last week), I have gained 2 pounds. I love my body. Whatever. :o) Really it's fine. I'm not reverting to the high school craziness. I promise.
Oh, and Jessicca, this is for you (mostly)! I am going to see the Boise Steelheads play hockey today at 3. "How," you ask "is this possible?" Because they are playing the Phoenix Roadrunners. Yay! I'm going with Doug, who is friends with me and Brad and is 30. I thought this was going to be an evening thing that turned into a midnight kiss, which I am okay with, but, now I don't know who on earth I'm kissing at midnight, which I am not excited about. We'll see what happens. If I end up with a bunch of dumb 22 year olds at the church ice skating party I will not be thrilled.
Back to hockey, though. I've never watched a game before and was always a little sad that I never got to see Boise play. So that will be super fun. All right, I think that's all. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate garbage bans. Dad

bradleyjohn said...

I'm there with you. But I was looking at myself in the mirror after I got out of the shower and I thought, "Yep, I look great. I can keep this up for a little while." So garbage ban it is.