Monday, December 10, 2007

Chestnuts Burning In the Roaring Flames...








So Brad and I threw our first party. It turned out pretty fun. It was definitely a mormon party and was pretty mellow, but fun for sure. Soo...Brian (from the two hot guys my age party. We hang out a lot. Nothing is going on there, tho. Which is ok. ) and I went shopping earlier for all the stuff. He told me I needed to buy lots of soda in case lots of people showed up. We have about 7- 2 liters left over. haha. We started sending people home with them near the end.
We also went searching for a chestnut pan. To roast chestnuts on an open fire, according to everyone on the internet, you have to cut little slits in them and put them in a saute pan with holes in it. You can order one on Amazon.com, actually. But that was expensive. So Brian and I looked a few places, and I was finally like, let's just go to Marshall's. Brian's like, "If Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't have one, Marshall's won't."
And I was like, "You never know; That place has random stuff."
And they had a copper grilling saute pan thing with holes all up in it for 8 bucks. Sweet!!
We had everybody bring an appetizer so we ended up with mozzarella sticks, buffalo wings, quesadillas, and veggie trays. We started the first fire in our fireplace, which was less scary than I anticipated. And roasting perfect chestnuts was way harder than anticipated. About 1 in 5 turned out good. They taste a little like sweet baked potatoes. No one had ever had one before, though, so everyone was excited to try them. Apparently, also from the Internet, in Thailand and England (and France) they sell them in the streets and they are amazing. So... Cim, while you are over there, could you please find out the magic tricks to make perfect chestnuts. Please?
Brad got the only mistletoe lip kisses. Vanessa O and Ariana. That livened things up a bit. I kissed three guys on the cheek, one who blushed like crazy, which was fun. Oh, and one couple kissed once. Ariana told Brian and I to, but that didn't happen. Who knows with that whole thing...
We all played Twister on my bed, but that ended up being not as popular of an activity as I thought it would be. I definitely had fun.
Also, Brad has a projector in his room so we all piled in and watched ELF and Polar Express. And then I read The Polar Express to the 9 people who were left at the end.
Overall, a very good first Christmas party. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a fun night, but not nearly enough kissing in my opinion...
Mormons.
:]

you were so cute reading the Polar Express, we should have taken a picture.

Maria said...

Christin--oh, that I were within dinner party-and other party-distance. It would be fun to experience. You're such a good little hostess!! :)

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?