Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning


I got to be a nurse this morning. Someone in my dad's ward called right before we opened presents. Her husband was flailing around acting weird- he's about 82. We ran over. I checked his pulse, talked to him, had him smile to make sure one side of his face wasn't paralyzed, and basically calmed him down a bit. But he was acting weird, so we called the paramedics. I didn't know he was diabetic- I forget this with some of my own patients unfortunately- and they checked his blood sugar, which was really low. They just gave him a shot of dextrose while I held his hand and he calmed right down.
When we got home, everybody was ready to open the presents. Kaitlynn was on the top of the world because she got a "Kitty-so-real" that blinks and purrs and meows and blinks his eyes. And growls if you pull it's tail. Which scares Kaitlynn half to death. It growled when she set it down one time and she was like, "You are so naughty! Don't you growl. Don't you be naughty!" She brought that over to my mom and dad's house and we opened all our other presents. hmmm... the coolest thing is that my dad got my mom a trip to Prague that they are taking in August for their anniversary-she's never been overseas. Brad and I got cool cookbooks. Jessica got me mine. I got Brad his. Otherwise it was just normal Christmas stuff, but definitely a fun day.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Oh! And I got Kaitlynn 2 books- Pinkalicious and There's a Bird on My Head- which I highly recommend to any little kid. They are quite cute and funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a more than a little disappointed that none, not one of your friends even commented on the trip to Prague! How cool is your dad that thought of this by himself, made the arrangements, actually paid for it AND completely surprised his wife with this once in a life time experience????? Dad

indeazgirl said...

I know..it's so so sad.