Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Love Idaho Grass


hmm...just realized someone might think I'm a pothead from that title. Oh well. I'm not, in case you didn't know. You might think this picture is of me enjoying the beautiful wonderful Idaho Falls grass. But upon further inspection, you may notice the grass is framed by asphalt. This is a little patch of fake grass newly installed in my parents' neighborhood in Bullhead City. It's close, but not quite the same.
So last weekend I went to Idaho Falls for my 10 year high school reunion. People seemed a little surprised I came up just for that, but for some reason, it seemed like a landmark event in my life, and I wouldn't have missed it, despite the fact that I really didn't know a lot of people in high school. Probably only 30 classmates came (with families, there were probably 100 people there). It was really laid back and just chill. It was a little barbeque at Tautphaus park and everybody was just so cool and interested in each others' lives.
I brought my camera, but forgot the battery, so I borrowed Maria's camera and took pics. As soon as I get them, I'll post a few up here.
What else did I do with my 4 days in Idaho Falls? Not a lot! My Nana just had hip surgery so I hung out there and made dinner a few times, napped and slept in my favorite house on Earth, and just enjoyed the quaintness that is Idaho Falls. :o)

2 comments:

breymom said...

waiting to hear the "details" of that trip.. unless you didn't run in to you know who. Anyway, I totally relate to the "fave" house on earth. My Mom's parent's was mine.

Camille Elise said...

You are sooo right! My cousins live in Idaho and aside from Utah grass, Idaho has some splendid grass!