Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It Takes An Hour to Bike to Work

It takes 3 hours to:
Find your helmet, keys, bike lock, and cool smurf-like Nike Frees
Crash on the sidewalk right outside your gate because your foot got caught in the toe clip
Bike to work in 98 degree weather
Get made fun of by the hot paramedic for not knowing how to use the bike lockers (fyi: he didn't even know that it WAS a bike locker)
Find the TB test place and get my TB shot for work. Also, re-fill water bottle and enjoy their air conditioning.
Bike head-on through a tree you thought was leaf-like that turned out to be more twig-like and scratch your arms all up.
And then get a flat tire.
And pull into Arizona Corvettes and ask to use their phone.
Get a ride from a guy there to the bike shop with your bike in the bed of the truck.
Pay $13.70 on trust (because it's not like you brought your wallet with you on this bike ride) to the nice bike shop owner to replace the tube on your back tire.
Re-trace yourself back home via Arizona Corvettes to retrieve forgotten helmet.
Arrive home to 86 degree house with broken air conditioning.
one day I will have a normal run-of-the-mill bike ride. today was not that day.

5 comments:

Jeffrey Benson said...

I'm impressed! That is rough!

Katie said...

Poor Christin!! What a rough couple of hours! Have some blue bell, that will cool you down!

Jessica McIntyre said...

Oh I feel your pain. You know I do!! For some reason I thought I was a good enough mountain biker to ride down Bogus on Saturday. Big mistake.

breymom said...

Way to go Christin, you amaze me! I think I envy your "blond" ambition heeheehee. I know about HOT houses strip down and turn a fan on LOL!

MindySue said...

oh baby i'm so sorry. that sounded AWFUL! well, at least you got to talk to a hot paramedic and show him a thing or too about bike locks. i can't believe they let you buy on trust...i didn't think people were like that anymore. its nice to know some still are.