Saturday, September 27, 2008

"It's La Bray-a, Dawg."

So John came over on Wednesday night to help me plan my trip to California. Being from LA, he had quite a few tips, like, for example, how to get around, where to eat, and how to pronounce the names of the streets. So when telling me how to get to Pink's famous hot dog stand, I said, "Okay, so I need to turn right on La Bree-a?" 
"La Bree-a? La Bree-a?," John says. "It's La Bray-a, Dawg. You're gonna die. I don't even know why I'm telling you all this. You're gonna get lost."
Ok. It's true. I did get lost. It could have been worse. I saw Bel Air. I saw the Beverly Hills Hotel. And I saw all the sorority girls at UCLA and that gorgeous campus. 
But eventually I made it west down Santa Monica Blvd., past La Brea, and onto Wilshire, where I stayed an awesome night at the Hotel Palomar, happy at last in LA. 

3 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Christin - seriously! You have the funnest time doing the greatest things. I love you!

Can't wait to hear how the triathlon went.

MindySue said...

who is john? is he married? he sounds nice for helping you...less nice for laughing at you. ;)

indeazgirl said...

Mindy- John's face and posts about him are all over the last 2 months of this blog. Please tell me you have some idea who I'm talking about. No, he's not married. Yes, he is darling. And he has quickly become one of my very best friends. :o)