Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trip to Apple Pan









So the area I stayed in LA was really safe, and I got to take a beautiful walk a couple blocks south, first to the temple, and then to Apple Pan. The weather was gorgeous. The houses were all built 1950's-ish. They were so unique, each one. One lady had these huge Charlton Heston pictures through her front windows. There were so many roses and everything was so green. The weather made me absolutely ecstatic. 
Eventually I made it to Apple Pan. Apple Pan is a cute little countertop hamburger joint that also sells apple pie. It's exactly the same as it was in 1947. And darling. At first I didn't think people from LA were very friendly. Nobody was really talking, but I was all by myself and I wasn't about sit there and be bored forever. So I talked to Will on my left, who was about my age and had moved here from DC and was on break from a screening of the new Spike Lee film, and Andy on my right who wanted to hear all about my triathlon, too. 
Turns out I loved being in LA and had such a good time. I walked home holding my apple pie for Bekah in a blissful state. 



1 comment:

MindySue said...

i totally admire you for your ability to make friends and conversation and fun whereever you go.