Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cracker Barrel



A little shout out to Cracker Barrel, which is a restaurant I avoided going to until just last month. For some reason I grouped it with Chuck'o'Rama, which is a restaurant I have never been to and plan on never going to. Apparently I was wrong. Cracker Barrel is actually DARLING. It does remind me a little of Frontier Pies, my first terrible and traumatic job, but still.
Anyway, I completely spaced writing about it until 2 of you wrote about it in your blogs this week. John decided I needed to go and we went for a late breakfast one morning (December 29th?). I'm almost positive I had blueberry syrup on blueberry pancakes. Really, I don't remember. I just remember that it was incredible. And that the lady waiting on us wanted my new American Eagle shirt.
But.
My favorite part was sitting in the recliners out front playing checkers on an incredibly gorgeous day (like today). It was perfect. And (bonus!) the next time I need a book on tape I'll know where to rent one.
Sorry to misjudge you Cracker Barrel. Y'all are great.

7 comments:

Maria said...

We LOVE Cracker Barrel! It's so fun to walk through their shop on the way out. And I think their biscuits are mana from heaven. Delish!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Eeeewww.. I will never go to Cracker Barrel with you. Eeewwww... when you want a GOOD breakfast you let me know!

Anonymous said...

I really need to disassociate this place from the boy who brings new meaning to the term bad kisser (I thought maybe I shouldn't list names on the internet). From what I remember, it wasn't half bad, I'm pretty sure I liked it.

MindySue said...

I don't know you bridget...but i'm about to pass judgement. you have no taste....buds. Cracker Barrel is YUMMY. It's down home cookin' gosh darn it.

ashley said...

i love craker barrel! i wish we had one closer so that i could go more often. yum!

Camille Elise said...

Honestly, I've never been there either...maybe i'll go now. You've persuaded me a little :)

Anonymous said...

I think I've only been to one but it was OK. Kaitlynn LOVED the store though. I think we found the only "baby's first Christmas" ornament in the whole world that I actually liked there.