Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ominous Omen

I always thought I was above plastic surgery. Until this started happening:




Ignoring the fact that I took this picture before church on 3 1/2 hours of sleep and look like I just got mugged, do you see my eyes? I mean, really see them? Look closely. Do you SEE those saggy eyelids? This happens to me whenever I have to wake up earlier than desirable. The first time I noticed was terrified. What was I allergic to? What bacteria grew in my eye? What nerve ending just crossed it's last synapse? And then, 15 or 20 minutes later they sucked right back up where they were supposed to be. NEXT TO MY EYEBALL.
But I realized at this point that this will happen again. Probably all my life now. And one day, my collagen stores will all dry up and my eyelids will form this saggy little ridge forever. 
And the next day, I will call up my new plastic surgeon and schedule the surgery. I cannot live with old saggy eyelids. 

6 comments:

RC said...

The picture is too dark to see those beautiful eyes of yours. Eyelids are supposed to cover your eyes when sleeping. Since you NEVER wake up before your sleeping pattern is complete, even if you think you are, the eyelids were most likely doing what they are supposed to do. Do not worry over a little sagging......You are still the most gorgeous girl around.

Anonymous said...

this is John-
So this picture makes you look like some kind of horror film character. you need to post a hot picture next to this one so that people realize your hot and the dramatic difference and also so you don't scare anyone's children! Worst pic i have seen of you ever!

indeazgirl said...

Maybe I'll post a picture of my hot self after 6 weeks of the abs diet next to this picture....

MindySue said...

Christin, I LOVE YOU! You make me feel okay for wanting boobs. Let's go in together!

John, WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT!?!??!!?! You're lucky I don't know where you live, Mister.

breymom said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! This happened to me about a year ago, suddenly I had deep wrinkles! It does get a little better with sleep but, they are still there.

Anonymous said...

"I have fat eyelids!" remember that part from Daria? Well at least she had fat eyelids and not saggy ones, she should consider herself lucky. I'll be needing some work done too at that point so let me know and maybe we can get a group rate. You know how I love a good deal.