Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pathetic

I have been sick since Saturday. I slept for 20 hours that day. But Sick Christin does that. And then usually she's better the next day. I should know better than to tell my trainee last week at work that I never get sick. I just rarely do. And it's not even the kind of sick you can feel good about. You know, there's no 103 degree fever with non-stop vomiting. I can move. Just not for long. I worked out yesterday. After taking a nap before AND after. I finally got some antibiotics today. The doctor said it seemed like an ear infection with a bit of a cold on top. Sweet. I called in sick to work for the second day. I HATE using my vacation days being "kind of sick." But what kind of nurse does a 12-hour night shift feeling like she just needs to take a 6 hour nap and just might pass out? (And by the way, I'm just tired enough to want to sleep. And then lay in bed and look at the ceiling. I feel like a loser.)
I was so glad my blood pressure today was 88/60 (for Ariana that's high, but for me, that's low. I'm usually 106/68). It was like one tangible sign that I'm not making my weakness and light-headedness up.
Frick. This is the dumbest sick I've ever been.

2 comments:

Katie said...

hope you get better soon!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

At least you kind of feel like doing something. I have the no fever, vomiting, on the verge of vomiting, sweaty, achy, stomach ace for the past almost three days now. Wanna trade?

Or how about you get better, and I get better, and we go try yet another great place to eat?