Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A "Real" Valentine's Day


I've had a few Valentine's Days in my life: one where my parents got me a red high heel phone, a few where I went to a high school dance, and even one where I avoided talking about Valentine's Day for the sake of a friend.
But this would be my first truly traditional Valentine's Day. The day before, Ariana and I went and got beautiful pedicures at MOSS, a spa over which I have lusted since before it opened. We sat in red velvet recliners, soaked our feet in milky water with sliced lemons, and had our legs wrapped in heated towels. Our toes look amazing.And afterwards we walked across the street to Scottsdale Fashion Square and paraded around in 6-inch on Jimmy Choo stilettos at the Jimmy Choo boutique where I momentarily considered the consequences of purchasing $800 shoes. And then we put the shoes back in their boxes and went home.
Saturday I made a trip to Sprinkles for a dozen cupcakes for friends (and due to a miscommunication and some hungry tummies, 2 friends got missed and I need to go BACK to Sprinkles for more). Anyways, apparently Sprinkles is INCREDIBLY popular on V-day, and they packed 40 people into that tiny little place. And 30 minutes later, I had peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate marshmallow, and hot red velvet cupcakes in my car. (Luckily, it was scheduled cheat meal day on the Abs Diet!!) I drove first to John's work and dropped his off. I'm aware that this is quite a girlfriend-ish thing to do, but there are days that you really have to just go with it, so we did...
After he got off work, John and I went back to True Food Kitchen. It was just cool enough and trendy enough to not be schmaltzy and romantical but still be very fun. John looked so hot in a new shirt of his, and I wore a shirt I almost never do and a necklace which I almost never do, and that in itself was fun. He had salmon which was perfection and I had Pacific Bass that was also so delicious. Dessert was Apple-Cranberry Crumble with maple ice cream. yumyum yum. 
Oh. And I got roses. That's a first. Thank you John. 
And if anybody wonders how much fun I was having, well, I forgot to take pictures. Here's the 2 half cupcakes that are left and my beautiful flowers. 
Happy V-day!

4 comments:

MindySue said...

I'm so glad you had fun!! It sounded very romantic and the roses are beautiful!!! Happy Traditional V-day!

breymom said...

Your first roses on V-day! I loved your detailed description of the spa that sounds amazing!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I know who's cupcakes those are... I still love you anyway. It is the thought that counts.

I can't believe how much you paid at "Moss" and can't believe you didn't mention that in your blog. I mean I love the finer things in life but I also know that there is a fine line with just being crazy! ;)

Good job on not buying the Jimmy Choos I mean really, think about how much crap Brad was giving you over the red purse! I can't imagine if you walked into the house with those things! Haha

bradleyjohn said...

The odd thing is that I would be way more okay with the Jimmy Choos or the Fossil purse than I am with the stupid cotton ball AX necklace.