Monday, May 24, 2010

Friday- The Parents Arrive. After my massage.

So Brad moved out last week to Sacramento and his room is now pretty close to empty. I offered up his room to John's friend Verona and her roommate who drove from LA for the graduation. But it needed to be cleaned. Along with the rest of the house.
So Friday morning was spent cleaning like crazy and doing laundry and doing all that stuff.

However, I had another very important appointment. I work with a guy named Larry who bought a spa package for his wife for Mother's Day. He thought it would be cool if I met her at the spa and we had a spa day together. In a fabulously incredible coincidence, Brad also had got me a gift certificate to the same spa on the same day (weird. really. there are like 200 spas around here. and this one was tiny.) So I made my appointment and ran in.

OH MY GOSH IT WAS THE BEST MASSAGE IN THE WORLD. I totally wanted to tell this lady I loved her halfway through. It was an hour-long combination of working all the tension out of my back and neck, hot stones, hot towels, and a foot massage and exfoliation. Kind of what I always wish my massages would be like, but rarely ever measure up to.
So... let it be known that Judi Lacourse of Body Shop Massage and Day Spa is fabulous and I'm pretty much never going to get a massage from anyone else as long as I live here. Seriously. I was so thrilled by this experience (also because it was about half as expensive as most places around here). Awesome. Awesome. awesome.

I went home, finished cleaning up, and then met John's family at Organ Stop Pizza for dinner. Now, this is not a place my family would frequent because, really, we know just about nothing about organs and we're just not that musical. (I mean, my mom has been known to fast forward through certain songs in certain musicals so we can get on with the plot.) John's grandma, on the other hand, had a pipe organ IN HER BEDROOM. And knows pretty much every major organist in the United States. Including the lady that played here. (Who lives in Portland). And his grandpa played the organ in silent movies. It's kind of a big deal in their family.

Let me set the stage for you: Massive pipe organ that is about as big as my condo. Amazing organist playing themes from every movie and musical ever. Basically sounding like a one-person orchestra. Surrounded by about 100 people eating pizza and Blue Bell ice cream. You wouldn't think it would work. But it does. I was so impressed. And John's grandma was seriously in heaven. It was so fun and so very interesting. :-)

And I got to introduce his dad to Blue Bell. Which made my night. Good times.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

So THIS massage sounds so incredible that even I, who hates massages, might have to go there next time I visit.
Also, about the songs in musicals, I only fast forward past the long "cheesy" ones and the ones that are just annoying OR that are just too silly. Ok, maybe I am JUST ADHD:)

Maria said...

I'm so glad that you posted! I've missed you! You are such a happy person and I love reading about your adventures!! Congrats to John!

AND, I am so wishing I could get a massage like that...did you get her name so you can be sure to enjoy the same excellency again???

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

What kind of a party wouldn't have Blue Belle? I'm just sayin...

bradleyjohn said...

Played the organ in silent movies? I could probably even do that!! Too bad they don't make those anymore.