Monday, May 31, 2010

Rick's Press Room


Boise and Meridian are kind of small enough that if something is amazing, you usually hear about it pretty quickly. Rick's Press Room, however, is an exception. This is another place that we saw on the Food Network. Apparently the chef has cheffed in France, LA, & New York City, among others. And then moved to Meridian where he opened this restaurant. You can watch the clip of him on that link. I had never even heard of it, and Jessica is like 4th generation Meridian and she hadn't either so it was quite the adventure. (We actually showed up for lunch and then left when we found out salmon was only served at dinner. We made dinner reservations on our way out.)
So... John & I arrived looking all spiffied up and seven minutes late for dinner, but it was wonderful. Craig, Jessica, AuBrey, and her husband Joe were all able to come and it felt like such a fun reunion to just enjoy everyone's company on a gorgeous day.
Besides the fact that the wings were incredible and I never thought I could love hash browns on salmon set on a plate of mashed potatoes. But it was awesome.
Good times, noodle salad.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Ummm this is by far the best picture of Craig I have ever seen.. He looks like he belongs in Park City.

breymom said...

Until next time... I only get my sea food fix when I'm with you!