Monday, May 24, 2010

John Starts to Graduate. And the excitement begins.



First, I have to start off telling you about Brittney. She is my co-worker who I adore even though we really don't hang out outside of work. One of the many ways in which she adds to my life is to tell me cool places to eat. Like Matt's Big Breakfast. Matt's Big Breakfast is one of those tiny little places that made it to the Food Network on Guy's Diner's Drive-in's and Dives. It's a tiny little place in downtown Phoenix that Brittney said I just HAD to go to. So I did. A few days later.

See, being that ASU has about 70,000 students, they have two graduations. One where everybody CAN go and hear the president speak and technically be graduated and another divided up into individual colleges where you walk across the stage and they actually call your name. John graduated last week with a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Sciences with an emphasis in Business and Communication. His parents came for the smaller one (on Sat.), but it was just me and him for the "big" one (on Thurs.) (which really not very many people go to). It was so dang early, but he looked so cute and it was fun to be there and be in charge of taking pictures and stuff.

Afterwards, we went to eat at Matt's Big Breakfast. This was good because a) that place is nutso busy early in the morning and b) it wasn't in Tempe, where 1000 people were trying to get a late breakfast. IT WAS AMAZING. (Yes, I know I look exhausted. I got up at 6. I hate getting up at 6). We caught them on special french toast day which was incredible, they made eggs that the yolks didn't break as you cut around them, and it was the most delicious orange juice and chocolate milk ever. Basically, we ate most everything on the menu and still left feeling great (it's all local and organic and hippie like that. Which I think makes stomachs very happy). Basically, it was the perfect way to start a crazy graduation weekend.

Thanks Brittney!

No comments: