Monday, May 03, 2010

No One Else on Earth....

There are times in my life when I think to myself, "There is no one else on earth doing this today. No one." Case in point: About a month ago, I ate a babybel cheese in my car. You know, the little circle ones covered in red wax? Yes, those. Well, not thinking about what heat does to wax, I left it on the seat of my car. And was so thrilled to discover it melted ONTO my seat a few hours later.
I really hadn't had time to clean my car (especially how I like to), so I had this red wax just chillin' on my seat for weeks. But last week I finally had time to clean all the nooks and crannies (and even the outside) of my car.
For those of you who don't know, placing a paper towel over melted wax and ironing it allows the paper towel to absorb the wax and it comes off your seat (or your carpet), however the case may be. A roommate taught me this and I have never forgotten. So I hauled out my 100ft extension cord, my iron, and a roll of paper towels.
And now my seat is gray again.
And my car is clean.
No more babybels in my car!!!

2 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

You crack me up Christin!

RC said...

Good job on cleaning up the wax. I think I had heard this before, possibly from you but it was good you remembered. Nice to see your car good and clean too. That is something I miss so badly up here in the frozen tundra. You cannot keep your truck clean. Wash it one day inside and out and the next day it snows, the sand trucks come out and then it melts and turns to a brown goo that slops all over your clean truck and then everyone that gets inside your truck brings it in on their shoes and soon the inside looks like the outside. The process then begins again, clean, snow, clean, snow and life goes on....