Friday, May 28, 2010

May 19th is the day John met Boise

I love my Boise. I love it uncannily. I think it's great for many reasons, most of which are hard to convey. But I've tried now for almost 2 years to tell John how fabulous it is. He, being from LA, was a little skeptical. He, of course, feels like LA is kind of the center of the universe (and yes, a heck of a lot of stuff comes from there in this country) so he's a little hard to persuade. But somehow I got him to come explore Idaho with me :-)
As soon as we got to Boise, we stopped by my old work at Murphy's, saw a couple people there, stopped at the co-op where we got sandwiches, pasta, and ginger ice cream (still my very favorite) and went to Camel's Back Park. John was shocked by the 4 "bikini girls" laying out in the park in the 73 degree weather. We wanted to take a picture of a girl who was laying as sexy as she possibly could, but we couldn't figure out how to do it subtly. You'll have to imagine just how hot she thought she was.
We hiked up the little mountain where we took this beautiful picture and I remembered how gorgeous it is here.

Then we went to my old apartment and on a tour of most of downtown Boise.
And then 3 hours had passed and we had seen mostly everything. Oops!
When Jessica (my former roommate) got off work, Craig (my other former roommate's former boyfriend) met up with us and we had a divine dinner at the Red Feather, my other favorite Boise place.
Jessica bought a new house in January which is where we stayed. It is out in Meridian and so fabulous. I seriously love it. It was decorated so cute and just perfect. And Zoe, their little Yorkie, was adorable and fell in love with John's ears.

Oh, it was good to be back. :-)

3 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

I love my dog. I am thinking when you took this picture she thought you were leaving. This is her, no I am sleeping, don't disturb by putting me in my room look.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

CUTE DOG!!!!!!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Even my friend Jordy told J how awesome Boise is! Love that you finally got to take him there!