Monday, May 24, 2010

Saturday. Graduation and Sprinkles!!

Saturday morning John and I made breakfast for his family. Somewhere around cooking bacon in a sauce pan I realized it was time to buy new skillets (which I did that afternoon). However, luckily the day before Brad left he taught me how to make fluffy scrambled eggs which totally impressed John's mom and I think saved the day. Breakfast was eggs, bacon, fruit and fruit dip, and french toast.
Followed by a mini-tour of campus.
Followed by graduation.
John's friends drove in from LA about an hour before graduation, totally exhausted, but still so fun. His sister Karen and I ate pretzels during the ceremony as 616 people had their names called. And still, I would say we had fun. It's a graduation ceremony, really, what can you say?

This was followed by a Verona, Jessica, John, and Christin trip to Target for mandarin mango method hand soap, new skillets, and a dress that Brad is going to alter into a skirt for me. And some clothes for the LA girls who thought it might be chilly here. (It's not).
Afterwards, we all went to Bloom. Now, John's mom loves eating at Applebee's. John's dad loves eating mac & cheese at home. So this restaurant was a little bit of a shock to them. I've never been out to dinner with 8 people where we couldn't finish one order of calamari. I was a little confused. But I love my mahi mahi, John loved his rack of lamb, John's dad loved the asparagus bruschetta, and well, everyone else like their stuff too. Maybe not as much as me and John.
AND THEN IT WAS CUPCAKE TIME. Have I mentioned I lost my camera? I need to buy a new one. Maybe tonight. Anyways, here's what the graduation cupcakes looked like:

We ate them with milk in John's parents' hotel room and just sat and chatted.
And then, we talked some more, and went to sleep. :-)

2 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

Those cupcakes are so cute with the little graduation hats. You didn't mention you got a new camera. What did you get? Oh and you have to share the new skirt when Brad is done.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Can I really express how stoked I am that you got back to blogging? It feels like I got my BFF back!