Sunday, April 20, 2014

Christmas in my New House- 2013








Even though it was sad Brad and Me and Brea couldn't go to Idaho for Christmas this year (work, schmerk), I was super glad I wasn't alone! And they made it very fun. It was so fun decorating for Christmas.  I loved putting snowflakes everywhere and actually hanging my garland on a banister. Totally amazing. And, of course, the pig got to make an appearance.
I didn't think much about how I stored this last year. I thought perhaps they would "spring back"
to their original shape. They did not. This year they are being stored on a closet shelf, but I think
they will always look a little like they were caught in a snowstorm. :-/
 Hanging lights outside my house was an adventure. My home teacher lent me his extension ladder, which was really pretty terrifying to use, but I hung up all the lights by myself!! I couldn't quite figure out how to get them to go around my outside windows, but quite a few youtube videos said to just use hot glue, so...I hooked up some extension cords, crawled out the windows, stood on the roof, and hot glued every awesome light bulb to the side of the window. And they looked perfect :-) My favorite part was draping my mesquite tree in the front yard with as many lights as possible. Next year I'm planning on twice as many. I just thought it looked so beautiful and it made me so happy.

They made me replacement snowflakes!!! (I got some in 2003-ish that I loved,
but they were so beat up I had to throw them away :-( )
These were awesome replacements and a cool surprise!!
Christmas morning, we FaceTimed with the family in Idaho so we could pretend like we were there, which was very fun. I got 2 main things for Christmas- a juicer and an ice cream maker (yes, Brad & Brea, I would like that ice cream maker back at some point :-) ). So after all the presents were open, we needed ice cream. I had some tangerines, and there was a recipe for tangerine sorbet. So we juiced all the tangerines, brad made simple syrup, and a little while later, BAM! Amazing tangerine sorbet. The next day, we made basil ice cream, which was honestly so incredible. Every time I see this picture I start craving it again...



Oh yeah, and I made a chicken. mmmmm....



We also got to FaceTime the Nativity Story, as performed by Candice's children,
which was just as classically awesome as you would expect. 
And me and Stephanie made this memorable stop at Michael's.
 
And Jonmark went to Utah and ice-fished with his family. Which was just so cool. Someday I will do this. 











1 comment:

bradleyjohn said...

BEST SNOWFLAKES EVER. And there was glitter spray paint involved. And the basil ice cream, really, so much better than I thought it could be. Mmm mmmm.