Sunday, April 20, 2014

Triathlon Training

So for the past few months, moving into this house, living alone, and adjusting, I was in a pretty good funk. It was really hard to get out of. I was falling asleep on my couch, sleeping in my contacts, and just not taking great care of myself. I was pretty miserable, and I knew this couldn't last any longer. It wasn't all the time, but I just couldn't get into a good routine. So I decided to do a triathlon. Because that's what I do when I need some good motivation. Plus, it was a new year's resolution anyway. I chose May 10th for my sprint distance tri and Sept 1 for my Olympic distance. I've done 2 sprints before, but the one in September is going to be a little more than twice as long, and I'm a little nervous (It will be in Texas, and Byron is doing it with me!). I found these training schedules from the Tone It Up girls right as I was looking to get starting. It was perfect timing! http://toneitup.com/2013/07/tiu-triathlon-training-calendar-workout/
Crossing these days off is the best ever. :-)

It's been the best thing ever. I also realized I needed to make peace with my carbs. So I've made sure I've had rice or quinoa or some casserole something at lunch and then basically stuck with seafood and veggies for dinner. And given myself a little something chocolate every day to help stay on track.




Add caption


Peach Ginger Scallops

On saturdays, I make protein pancakes upside-down.

After a run. Or a bike ride. Who knows? :0)

Brea and I made these. They look nothing like the recipe, but they tasted great!


Feeling buff..

Flounder w/ Papaya Poppy Seed dressing. mmmm....

After the triathlon. I don't look nearly as tired or sweaty as I actually was. 

I was 9th out of 19 for my age group. 
The numbers are the best part. 


This lady is 58. She did a half ironman in Kona, Hawaii. In the ocean. And she kicked my butt in this race!

This looks way more delicious than it actually was.
Besides the fact that it was way too much work. 

This, on the other hand, was easy and soooo delicious!
What my meals look like most days. Not including breakfast or dinner.

I've now officially worked out 6 days a week for 5 weeks. I feel so much better and so much healthier. It's been so fun to watch my body change and to just get in this routine. I even take my vitamins every day and I've been working my way through Isaiah every night, which is a challenge in itself. :) But it's all been so good. 

I even did a mini-sprint last week and made pretty good time. It was good practice. 



A few weeks ago Stephanie and her kids and I went to Bartlett lake so I could practice swimming in open water, because it makes me so nervous. I have such good friends to do stuff like this with me. And her kids were so cute about it all. 
My one in May is in Lake Havasu and my medical assistants and Stephanie and their kids are all coming to spend the night and cheer me on! So excited!! 

6 comments:

MindySue said...

You are so BUFF!

indeazgirl said...

Thanks ;-)

bradleyjohn said...

Very buff. And upside down pancakes are the best.

Bonnie said...

This whole lifestyle is going to be a happy habit it you don"t watch out! ;0)

Suzette Selden said...

Love that you are doing that! You are looking great as always - and when will you be in Texas?!?

Tyler and Ariana said...

YOUR GUNS ARE SO AWESOME!!!

And again. Totally jealous.