Sunday, April 20, 2014

Temple Open House

In February was the Gilbert Temple open house. Most of the people I work with are not LDS, but they ask me questions all the time, so with the opportunity to see the temple, a field trip was in the works. :-)
Now, to be fair, none of us really knew what we signed up for. The line took two hours. Like 2 full hours. I thought they were going to kill me. The kids were so restless, but were really trying to have a good attitude. I think Alicia's little girl only cried 3 times.
I had to help Tori remember not to swear in line.
This was all very new to them!
But the best part for me was when Tori turned around in the celestial room and said,"This DOES feel like heaven! It really does."
Even though we were all so tired and didn't get home until 11. On a Tuesday, I think they really loved seeing it. It is so beautiful (and I did my first session there last night, and it was great.)



2 comments:

bradleyjohn said...

We probably should have all gone together. Then it would have been a huge party. The waiting line woulda gone by just like that.

Bonnie said...

I think you're a good egg!!!