Sunday, April 20, 2014

Random Life Happenings. Part 1, Pearl Jam.

In case you were wondering if the randomness in my life has settled down, let me assure you it has not. Maybe it happens a little less frequently, but I'm glad to say I still have time for a little craziness.
For example, in November, I received a call from John Vizzard at 6:50pm.
"Why aren't you at Pearl Jam?" he said.
"What do you mean?"
"They are playing at Jobing.com in 10 minutes."
"Good-bye!"
Now, not all of you know this, but many do, that about 10 years ago, I had a minor obsession with Pearl Jam, mostly because the guy I was dating had a major obsession with Pearl Jam. And I had always wished we could see them.
I called my friend Stephanie.
"Do you want to go see Pearl Jam?"
"Yes! When?"
"Now. Can you be to my house in 20 minutes?"
"Um, yes, do you have tickets?"
"Um, nope, we'll get them when we get there."
She came to my house. We got free parking because we were late. We also got a great deal on our tickets from the scalper because we were late.
They played for 3 and a half hours. I cried 3 times. I texted Josh M. because he was still excited.
It was. Amazing.

No comments: