Sunday, April 20, 2014

Random Life Happenings, Part 2, Meet me in Vegas

The amazing thing about having Jonmark in my life, is that he IS still in my life despite all our craziness. And sometimes I just need to spend time with him. Right before Christmas, Jonmark left to go to Vegas for a few days on his way to Utah to spend time with his family. I was talking to him and saying how I wished I could go when he said the unexpected, "Drive up with me and then fly back the next day."
Turns out I could totally do that. And not even miss work or church or anything (I mean, we did do Vegas church, but it worked). Perfect. (And it was ALMOST my birthday!)
So, thanks to Allegiant, I booked a cheap ticket for the very next day, and we headed out. His friend Jared came with us (ok, so technically I went with THEM) who was really nice and just got out of a very crappy marriage so it was nice to all be there together. We went to a fancy club called XS which was very fancy, and very Vegas, and a nice lady and her daughter thought Jonmark was adorable (obviously) and bought us all $8 Red Bulls all night, which was crazy, but whatever (I only had one!). It was all so funny. I felt so dressed and yet so cute and so glad my hemline was not right at my butt. I don't know how anyone could dance that way! Clubbing, really, at this point in my life, is not my thing. But, honestly, it was a blast, and I'm so glad we went.


The woman who loved Jonmark. Gag.
Just kidding. She was sweet. 
Sunday Morning

The most flattering mirror ever


Because sometimes we still have arguments.
And these turned into the most beautiful tulips. EVER.
From another little date we went on that was QUITE fancy and was our first date in probably a year. 
And then in February, I was there for a conference on bioidentical hormones, and he was there on his way to Utah, too, for work. So we had amazing lunch at Bouchon, saw Cirque de Soleil at the Bellagio, and had $43 of random snacks afterwards- like salads and strawberries and a sandwich and two bags of JalapeƱo kettle chips. And I have zero pictures of that trip except for the food and my room. But it was so fun and unexpected and made my conference so much better :-)
Best sandwich ever.



My room was on the 25th floor! :-)
Loved these pretty veggies!


1 comment:

bradleyjohn said...

I had no idea you went to Cirque de Soleil. I don't even know you anymore.