Sunday, April 20, 2014

Travis

When I thought I would catch up on 6 months of blog-free life, I didn't think I'd start with him. But I'm going to, because he probably deserves a post. Travis is a guy I met kind of through John Vizzard a few years ago when I left my camera at a party he threw. We were Facebook friends and randomly he would post things like, "Is anyone up for dinner?" And once I said yes.
I wasn't really attracted to him, but he was easy to talk to, and our dinner lasted a few hours. He was weirdly cynical towards life in general and the church and that essentially killed anything there could have been from the very beginning, but he was fun to hang out with. 
We ended up going to a few really cool places that I never would have found on my own. One was "Little Woody," (I know, I know), a little hidden bar/restaurant that has the most amazing mushroom flatbread pizza ever. The other was a coffee shop called "Lux" where I had a steak and jalapeƱo salad that I still dream about. So amazing. 
Travis also had crazy links to concerts and a good sense of spontaneity. So when he called at 7pm one night and said "The Lumineers are playing in an hour in downtown Phoenix, do you want to meet there?" I said yes. We sat in the 10th-ish row and then they came and stood like 3 feet away from us and played on barstools and IT WAS AMAZING!! 
In turn, I invited him to see Zac Brown Band with me and Brad and Brea (I got Brad the tickets for his birthday)- and Travis got us moved up from lawn to 8th row. The concert was seriously one of the best I have ever seen. If you ever get a chance, GO SEE THEM!! 
Zoo Lights



Zac Brown, John Deere, Happiness


Zac Brown

Blonde Brea!

It was so much variety that I wasn't expecting and just so creative. We had a blast. 
We also went to Zoo lights, a movie, and a music festival. And then, after several times of stating that I didn't want a relationship, I woke up to this:

One of the cardinal rules of "hanging out as friends" (even if maybe I kissed you) is that you do NOT ever change your profile picture to that with another person without their permission. Changing your profile picture, to me, means 1. You are exclusively dating 2. Or you are engaged and for sure 3. You will receive multiple phone calls the next day from former boyfriends asking you what the heck is going on because they are Facebook friends with him, too. 
We stopped hanging out. He thinks I am pretty much a jerk. 
Maybe I am. 
And that's the end of that. 

3 comments:

MindySue said...

Yikes. Though in his defense you are a pretty girl and I am sure he couldn't resist showing you off.

bradleyjohn said...

Creepy. Someone did that to me once. We were dating. We hadn't kissed. Super super awkward.

Though I do wish he was still around for free concert tickets. I can't bring myself to ask him anymore though.

Tyler and Ariana said...

So, I totally agree about the whole profile picture thing, but I have to laugh at how social media totally changes dating.