Monday, January 14, 2008

High Magistrate of the Church of Serendipitous Love



I can now share the other part of Jessica's wedding. I get to marry them! Meaning, thanks to the wonders of the internet and Rose Ministries in Las Vegas, NV, I get to perform their wedding ceremony. Now, I thought about this for awhile, thinking, "Is this blasphemous, is this in conflict with my own beliefs?" but decided ultimately that I was being seriously respectful of their marriage and do not really put anything but legal belief in this ordination, and for this occasion, that's what matters. And I got to pick my own title. Which is the High Magistrate of the Church of Serendipitous Love. Yay! I bought a fun suit and a necklace. Now I just have to figure out how to unite a Christian and a Buddhist for life!! :o)

5 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Um...I have to say, this is the most surprising post you've ever written. In fact, it may be one of the most surprising posts I've ever read. However, your title...perfect!

Good luck with the ceremony.

Anonymous said...

how EXCITING!
i want to marry someone off... you always do the most ingenious things.

Maria said...

One more amazing thing you've learned how to do--MARRY people! You're awesome. I love reading your blog! Hope you're having a great day! Smiles :)

indeazgirl said...

I haven't quite LEARNED to marry people. In fact, I'm a little stressed out about what to say!

Anonymous said...

You could however call your dad who is a bishop and has married several couples for advice or "words to say" that may be of some help. Or you could just struggle through it by yourself and forget your support staff that is always at your disposal for the asking.....Dad