Friday, January 11, 2008

Off to Colorado!!

So when I moved to Arizona on June 2, Josh and I broke up. With the whole complicated religion issues (and maybe a little dose of commitment issues), and with me drastically aging, we both agreed to "get on with our lives." So he lovingly helped me move down here, along with my roommate Jessica and her fiancee Nate. (Not her fiancee then, but is her fiancee now.) We both agreed (ok, this part was more my idea) that we wouldn't see each other for a year. So I could work on getting married. There were two exceptions to this rule. 1- If he went into the army I could see him to say good-bye. 2- If either of us actually DID get married the other was invited.
I didn't include stipulation #3, which now reads, "If Christin buys Josh's 1965 Red Chevy Bel Air." Luckily, Josh is also on his way to becoming a helicopter pilot next month, so he will be in the army. Technically, then, this fits into stipulation #1.
Can you tell I've been up all night?
ANYWAYS!! I'm off to sleep. So I can wake up in about 3 hours and pack. Brad and I are both going to help keep things a little more "stable". And all three of us are driving to Arizona and then Josh is flying back to Colorado. I will try to update along the way. Otherwise, Monday should be fun.
(A couple of my patients were so cute about this. One asked me to e-mail them a picture. Another one said this morning, "Oh, I was dreaming of you and your red car.") How fun!!

1 comment:

Sweet Em said...

I thought about this post for a bit last night and I REALLY need to say that...

...I am not going to argue with your decision to "break up" with this guy, with whom I talked on the phone briefly one time and who seemed very nice. What I am going to argue with is the "drastically aging" part. I know that you must know this already, but the internet still needs to hear, that in other parts of the world 28 is NOT old, nor is it even close to being aged...

I don't write this to try and stop you from wanting things you want...go ahead and feel however you want to about getting married, having kids, etc...however, don't put any additional pressure on yourself by labeling yourself "old" or "aging". You do the most fabulous and "young" things, which guarantee that you will stay far from old for a long time.

And I also must say, I respect you immensely for not lowering your standards on any thing from your future mate to what kind of fish to serve at a dinner party. You are a good example to me!