Tuesday, January 29, 2008

San Tan Flat

So I woke up Saturday afternoon after my 3 days of working nights, and remembered I was giving a talk on "Making Time for Christ in our Lives." Ironic that I had forgotten about it for 6 days. But my family was in town, and it was a busy week, and then Brad got called to go on a blind group date. And then I got invited because one of the dates flaked out. And turns out it was so much fun. (I finally wrote the talk about 2 am.)
We went to a place called San Tan Flat. It's a country outdoor/indoor steakhouse/saloon/dance place. The band was so so good. And the food.. for 10 bucks I got an amazing steak cooked perfectly, a great baked potato (and baked potatoes generally bore me), to-die-for creamed corn, and a salad. Oh! And a killer roll. Everything was so good. Then we went and roasted marshmallows over the little fires they have there-- they provide the roasting sticks. And we sat on the saddle benches and took pictures. The band- Western Fusion- was so good and the guys were so cute.
It was a really fun night. :o) cc
p.s. When I get married, my wedding reception will consist of my friends and family just hanging out here and me on the saddle benches in my wedding dress!
www.myspace.com/westernfusionband
www.santanflat.com

3 comments:

Ashley said...

oh christin...it would be the perfect spot for a westerned theme party! it was fun...too bad none of the pictures really turned out!

Katie said...

that place looks like so much fun! shayne hatch would have loved a place like that, huh?!!! ;) i love my husband dearly, but boy was shayne a hottie!

indeazgirl said...

Shayne was such a hottie! Still think about him every once in a great while :o)