Friday, June 08, 2007

Adventures in Moving aka Forsaken in the Desert

I arrived on Saturday, June 2nd. My landlord was waiting with the wrong keys and some cleaning supplies to clean up a little. (He had known I was moving for a month and a half). So Jess, me, Nate, and Josh took off to IKEA to look around at that big adventure store while landlord got things put together. I think I was pretty out of it because nothing really seemed to sink in about the store. It looked cool, but I may have been a little burnt from 18 hours of driving. (Although the driving was fun...Josh and I scared Nate & Jess a little 'cause they thought we were going to wreck the moving truck from kissing so much. Silly them...)

We did spill red paint, though. Or should it say it spilled itself...on the moving truck floor. And on my bookshelf, the leg of my couch, and my canvasses that I so lovingly painted for our Boise dining room. It was a rough night.

Everyone left me alone on Sunday. Why on earth anybody lives on their own I have no idea. I kind of cried. Until Josh left. Then I had to buck up. So I did. But this is how I felt inside...

LIKE A DESERT

Why on earth was I left alone in the desert? Why do people live in a desert? My AC does not work in my house and I am sweating and lonely and holy crap I don't know a soul in this town and do you know how many people live here?? 3 million. Do I know where I am? Nope. Don't have a map. Don't have the internet.
All I see is brown walls everywhere. Tempe is mostly brown walls. It's like no one wants to see each other and nobody zoned the town, so it's like store, brown-walled subdivision, store, brown-walled subdivision. Crazy. Sad. Lonely.

Best Moving Truck Company: Penske. Their little 12' truck was awesome and drove so good and they were cheap and had nice people working there.

No comments: