Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Little Update on Life in General




So life is going pretty well down here in AZ. I'm staying up late tonight because my first night shift is tomorrow from 7p-7a, so I'm up until at least 3 tonight I figure to fully prepare. So crazy! I'm actually pretty excited. I just now realized I get to wear my new scrubs and that might be the most exciting of all.


So I just finished 4 days of orientation. Wow. Orientation takes forever. But today was good. We learned how to use chest tubes and IV pumps and all that fun stuff.


Then I went shopping at Target for some more stuff. Hand soap. Bleach. Organic cotton dish towels. A little hippo (I didn't find one..I still just have one little ceramic hippo in the wooden square in my living room.) Also, a Father's day card, a fun random card, and a multi-outlet thingy.


It was 110 today. Yesterday it was only 105 so I worked on my Misters. I got them all to work because I bought great nozzles at ACE hardware and used teflon tape so they would stop leaking, but one faces the wrong direction now--- straight up. I absolutely cannot take apart the section of pipe holding it together. I thought for a minute it must have been years since it was taken apart and then I realized that i myself took it apart four days ago. Even with pliers it refuses to move. I'm starting to think I'm getting weak.


Speaking of which, I just found out today that I can join ASU's gym because I am living with Brad (my brother, come Sept, who is conveniently a student there). Thank goodness, because I really am close to a lot of things, but one of them is not a good gym as far as I can tell.


Today I drove to GILBERT, AZ kind of by accident looking for Gold's Gym, which happened to be in the opposite direction. This is the highway route I took to head back home and get back to Gold's.


202 N- Exit 101 South-- Enter 101 North-- Exit 55B towards Phoenix Highway 60--Exit 10E towards Tucson-- Elliot Rd Exit. Drive home on Elliott, which is really not too far, but far too far to work out. And this Gold's is no where as cool as the one on Parkcenter in Boise.


Today Kaitlynn on the phone tells Candice, "Idaho...Pretty...I want to go SOON." She's so cute, and, really, who can blame her? No one.


Gilbert, AZ, by the way, is gorgeous. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it is really pretty. They grow CORN there. Like a crop. A real crop. In the desert. And it's kind of green and there are little hints of suburbia everywhere. Like kids riding bikes. And the best manicured lawn with like 5 huge fat palm trees was The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which I just happened to drive by as well. Wow. I really really like Gilbert. If I happen to stay here in this crazy state, I might end up there.


Okay, so after endless hours (3) that that experience took, I went to a church service project.


AND THEN I WENT AND GOT BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!!!


Blue Bell ice cream, for those who have not had the rich and sweet experience of tasting it, is from Brenham, TX. http://www.bluebell.com/. When I lived in Texas, they only sold it there. But now they are branching out a little bit, and I bought 3 pints tonight. I explained to the cashier, who had never had it, what an absolute treasure he was missing, and he assured me he would buy some. I also talked to some Texas people (I looked at their license plate) in the parking lot about it, and they were excited, too. (It was a girl and her grandpa headed back to Dallas tomorrow. So cute.)


Oh, and in case anyone wonders how this whole internal moving thing is going, some days I get the scared nervous feeling back and then the next day it goes away. I guess that's just called adjusting. It's kind of fun, though, to be the crazy one doing this...




A few bests:


1- Obviously, Blue Bell Ice Cream

2- The target website for ways to locate targets convenient to you. Much much better than mapquest.

3- Not Susie's Mexican Cafe & Lounge which looked, shall I say, authentic?, but really had terrible enchiladas

4- Best city in AZ to pretend you're in Idaho- Gilbert
5- Best place to buy hardware. ACE Hardware. Really, I have to give credit to Josh for the guilt trip on this one. But really, ACE has been around forever and they guys are really really helpful and nice and they even had all the right nozzles, and Home Depot didn't. And they were just in a little plastic hometown-feelin' toolbox at ACE. So, here's another shout out to the little guy. Who, in this case, was once the big guy.

No comments: