Friday, June 08, 2007

I wore a $3000 dress today, wednesday 6/6


Life is better when you find a good mall. It actually took me until thursday to realize that I work two blocks from this place, but wow. Crate & Barrel, J.Crew, Urban, Pottery Barn...really I could go on and on, oh, and Betsey Johnson (not that I need a hot pink $200 dress, but if I did, I would know where to get one). This is Fashion square at 76th and Camelback.

About 50 blocks (yes, 50)-- oh, by the way, when you ask for directions here, and someone says "just drive down that street a little ways, they mean AT LEAST 50 blocks."-- north of this mall (24th and Camelback) is a bunch of stores people really can't afford, at least if they are cool. Like SAKS 5th Avenue.
But you can go there and try on clothes and act like you can afford them. So I did. I wore a $3000 Armani dress for about 5 minutes. I found out my Italian size is 42 and had a woman offer me a bottle of water while I tried on my dress and then took her card in case I decided to get it.

Best way to get over being alone: try on a $3000 dress. Then call a couple people and tell them about it and be grateful you have friends to call.

Best tinted moisturizer: okay, really, people at SAKS are nice. especially at the laura mercier counter. I had read that this moisturizer was amazing, so I stopped by and said hi and told them I just moved here from Idaho to be an RN and could I possibly have a sample. And they totally obliged and were so sweet and were like, "Come back and visit us!" "Okay!!" :o)

And I got the internet!! And a REALLY CUTE green t-shirt from J.Crew :o)

No comments: