Friday, June 08, 2007

Walter the Vacuum Man (monday 6/4)

Things began to look up. I painted the edges of my canvasses to cover up the paint. Josh and I had gotten most everything else out.

Best way to get paint out: use OOPS!! and some rags and some paint scrapers. For clothes use a butter knife and KRUD KUTTER and soak it in OOPS!! and wash it. ACE hardware has OOPS! in the paint aisle.

Then the air conditioning guy stopped by and fixed my AC which actually made me feel much better about life in general. I went to Borders and got 3 maps, one of Scottsdale, one of Mesa/Tempe, and one of Phoenix. I still don't think I've actually seen Phoenix.

Oh, and I bought a vacuum. This is by far the best thing to happen today. I walked into the store "Complete Vacuum Service"-- I like to support the little guy and this 70-ish year old man in the back asked how he could help me.
"I'd like a vacuum," I said
"How 'bout that one over there. It's a nice orange one."
"Okay."
Walter then kind of waddles to a chair. He's quite a big guy.
"Bring it to me."
"Okay."
"Now plug it it and try 'er out and see how you like 'er."
I plug it in. It seems pretty good. It's a Panasonic and about midline in price.
Walter then explains all the attachments to me with his pretty sky blue eyes and asks me about school and what I'm doing in AZ and if a nurse like me could take care of an old diabetic like him. He then tells me that since I write so good since I'm a nurse I should fill out the receipt on my own. So I do.
He seems thrilled that I'm there so we talk about my cell phone and anything else he can think of. I get a free vacuum check-up and belt replacement in 3 months. So I'll see Walter again in September.

1 comment:

Sweet Em said...

I am totally enjoying this blog!! I'm so glad you are posting again and I am super excited for you and this move/job thing. Good for you for supporting the little man!!