Monday, November 26, 2007

The Best Thanksgiving Ever

So...
Even though I worked on Wed, Thursday, and Friday, this Thanksgiving was still one of the best I can remember. First off, on Thursday I woke up at 4:00 just in time to watch the 4th quarter of the Dallas Cowboys beating the Jets 34 to 3. On Friday, Ariana brought me 4 different slices of pie from her family while I watched Texas A&M beat the Longhorns (Thanks to the Lord for letting these games both end at 5 before I had to go to work.)
Basically, I haven't watched a cowboys game in a while, and I always seem to miss A&M and the Longhorns and usually (sadly) they lose. So to have them both win while I ate apple and blackberry pie with blue bell on top was pretty much bliss.
And then on Saturday Brad and I went home, and my little niece Kaitlynn is always so excited to see me. Her eyes sparkle and glow so much with excitement when she hugs me and looks me in the eye that you think for a second she might explode. But she doesn't (whew!). So we all ate a really nice thanksgiving, and then Kaitlynn and I went into her room and took a nap together. She wrapped her little hand around my arm, sang me Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and went to sleep. I woke up sick (I think it's just a realy bad sinus infection), and ended up skipping out on church the next day, but altogether, it was really a great Thanksgiving.
I played guitar for my family on Sunday, and Kaitlynn played Jingle Bells, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and I am a Child of God on guitar. She is almost 3, so the guitar part sounded exactly the same each time......
Love it all.
cc

5 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

ugh. you're a cowboys fan? dang. I think I can get over that, but it might take some effort. ;-)

indeazgirl said...

So much animosity towards the Cowboys! Seriously, a girl who lived in Texas is gonna love her cowboys. That's just how it is :o)

Katie said...

Wasn't the A&M game the best!! I was so excited that we won!

Anonymous said...

All the talk about going home and not ONE WORD of the fried turkey your dad made for you????? What is up with that?????? Some peoples kids.....

indeazgirl said...

Oh my goodness. I am a terrible daughter. You'd think I was sick or something. Thank, you so much dad for the most amazing fried turkey of my life. It was fan-freaking-tastic. yum yum yum