Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Adventure #1- The Dig Out



So Brad and I went snowboarding yesterday. Me for the first time. Brad for the 5th. We left our house at 5:50 am. This is also usually known as OUR BEDTIME. I made myself go to sleep sometime between 1 and 2. Brad fell asleep a little after three. I woke up at 4:37. And did about 10 minutes of yoga. (I have a curious suspicion that I may have a small gallstone, which is why fattening things sound gross lately, even though my symptoms don't exactly match up and Brad thinks I'm nuts. Anyways, I was getting trying to get my muscles loosened up and maybe move the gallstone. Which may have worked. Or falling on my face a few times at 30mph may have done it. But that's later.)

The drive was really nice, actually. People drove like the roads were bad, but in Idaho roads, they were beautiful. Tons of roads were closed north of the resort, but all that meant for us was awesome snow.
We did, however, have a slight detour, based on two things. 1- They do not plow roads all that awesome around Flagstaff. 2- Brad isn't one for depth perception. So the interstate went from 2 lanes to 1 lane to 1 1/2 lanes pretty often. Including once when Brad was trying to get around a semi-truck. Brad opted to spin us into the median, thinking we could easily get out. Which we could not. Not to say we didn't try. These are pictures of Brad using the snowboard as a shovel.
Eventually I stood outside. No one stopped. So I waved my arms in the air, and a nice old guy with a chain pulled us out. Always exciting. Always exciting.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sometimes I marvel that you and Brad are still alive...Heaven bless you!! :) I'm excited to hear about the rest of the trip!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, my son is a horrible driver and almost killed himself and my daughter.....what a dork!!! I think that the prayers your mother and I offered may have been answered since you both survived. Next time use a little more caution, do not pass when you can't see and SLOW DOWN!!!! Spinning into the median is NOT a good solution to situations unless you get into something you can't handle. Which if you do the above you will not get into.
Next bit of advice is to get a shovel and place it in the trunk along with some ice melt or kitty litter so you can have some traction if you do run off the road. Okay, Dad is almost out of advice. ALMOST!
Christin take a dad-gum coat when you go to Flagstaff no matter what time of the year it is!!!! You asked me if it was cold and I know I told you. Listen the next time.

Glad you had fun and nothing was broken when you finished. I love you both. Dad