Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Riazzi's and The Phoenix Suns

So I told Doug about my list. And yesterday he randomly calls up and is like, "We're going to go do something fun." And I'm like, "Ok! Sounds great!"
Apparently he had googled my list and found it and decided we were doing two things. So we went to one new restaurant in town and to a Phoenix Suns game. The restaurant was called Riazzi's and was a fun Italian place. I had a great seafood linguine and Doug had Stuffed Eggplant. 
Then off to the game! 
First off, I am not a huge NBA fan. I generally find only the last 5 minutes to be remotely exciting. Even the highlights of this game on TV were boring to me. Here's a link anyways:
NUGGETS vs SUNS
BUT THE GAME WAS AWESOME. I have seen one other game live (Utah Jazz, 2004) and that was actually very fun as well. (Apparently I do like the NBA- just only live). They played the Denver Nuggets who played the prettiest basketball I've ever seen during the first half. I mean, seriously, Swoosh! Swoosh! The ball almost never ever touched the rim. I had a hard time not yelling for them because I was so impressed. But by the end of the first half we were down 20 points. (Crap!) And then the SUNS got all pumped up and four different players shot 3-pointers in a row and Shaq (who we just inherited) got on a roll and then we started playing pretty basketball and won by like 14 points. Nash had 8 3-pointers and Stoudemire had 41 points! The fans were so excited. I had a blast. 
Doug got me a foam finger and I was on Fox Sports Network for a minute in the back jumping up and down with it. :o)
Cross that off my list (and I might even go back again!)...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

so basically I should think that you are evil...but I just can't bring myse;f to think it...good work.

Sweet Em said...

Fun Fun Fun - what supportive friends you have!