Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stimulating the Economy


So my economic stimulus check has yet to arrive, but I've decided to go ahead and get started stimulating the economy. Monday I made two returns: a tank top and my color printer cartridges, which almost equalled my purchases: some shorts, my Ross Dress for Less purse, sunglasses and rubber washers from Home Depot (later story). 
I have had crappy cast-off $5 sunglasses for years now. So I almost spent $105 on sunglasses at Nordstroms on Saturday (see reference to Jimmy Choo below) (why do I really even look in that store I don't know). But instead I bought fantastic Isaac Mizrahi ones at Target! And I love them. And they were $15 whole dollars. 
So what does that mean? It means that I can just barely justify the J. Crew shirt that arrived yesterday that was featured in the March issue of Glamour magazine and makes me feel uber fashionable. And the Banana Republic jacket that is almost totally sold out so I had to call like 10 stores and finally am having it shipped to me from Seattle. Which kind of negates the sale it was on, but whatever...
Isn't it interesting? Some people easy spend $200 on sunglasses. Or $300 on a purse. But I think there needs to be a balance. (And not a chance will I buy $200 sunglasses just to leave them somewhere). Go ahead and buy a hundred dollar shirt. As long as you return those stupid printer cartridges. 
This is the part where you tell me your last fun splurge and the last time you totally struck a deal.
Oh! And I also saved about $200 by fixing my sun visor on Monday, too. But I'm so excited about that I have to make it a different entry. And I'm about to go to sleep, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow! :o)
Good-night/morning! cc

10 comments:

Sweet Em said...

I haven't splurged in SOOO long...I'm going to have to think about it...

Does grocery shopping count? I didn't think so.

Jeffrey Benson said...

If only things like that were a splurge for me... It's funny that you posted this now as I was sitting in class yesterday realizing how much money in clothing I was wearing at that given moment... Here's the rundown:
Rosasen Polo: $75
Nudie Jeans: $180
Swear London Shoes: $190
Von Zipper Belt/buckle: $35
Paul Frank Watch: $215
Ray Ban Sunglasses: $180
D&G Reading Glasses around my neck: $300
Grand Total: $1,175
Yeah...I'm ridiculous. I will say this, I'm not always THAT bad.

indeazgirl said...

Ahhhh!!!! I'm suddenly feeling frugal! :o)

Maria said...

Who is this Jeffrey Benson person who has loads of dough?!? Is he single? (I'm only thinking of you, Christin!)

Ashley said...

I am going to write a blog about the FHE lap dance... cause its not an everyday occurance.

Anonymous said...

so last great deal, my newest pair of jeans, $25.

my last splurge was... soon to be forthcoming. probably going to be a new swimsuit that i've fallen in love with from the J. Crew catalog. curse having good taste...

Anonymous said...

and really, is anyone surprised that jeffrey's outfit cost that much? I sure wasn't. any man who truly understands a love for dark chocolate must also have expensive taste. I've realized the two almost always go hand in hand.

Sweet Em said...

Maybe thats my "splurging" problem. I just don't get the dark chocolate thing - Really, really good dark chocolate is different, but dark chocolate just for dark chocolate sake...? Well, I feel like "they" are taking something yummy, chocolate, and trying to force it to be healthy. I want my unhealthy, creamy, comforting, satisfying milk chocolate...and I want it 50% off.

Anonymous said...

How could ANYONE not love dark chocolate????? I have loved this stuff since childhood (yes, they had dark chocolate back then) but I don't agree that it goes with expensive taste. I would say it just goes with good taste in women......Look at my bride! Dad

Jessica McIntyre said...

I LOVE dark chocolate as CC well knows. The night of the great hunt for the dark chocolate M&M's. Fun times.

So I feel my most recent splurge and great deal go together. Unlike all of Christins blog followers, I love in a town that doesn't have an IKEA. So going to IKEA in SLC last weekend and buying a dresser was a splurge, but at IKEA's prices, we got it at a great price.