Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tate is Born!!




Candice is a planner when it comes to birthin' a baby. She likes her epidurals and her inductions and that's just the way it is. So Tate was set to be induced on her due date Thursday, April 24th at 7 a.m. And at 8:30 p.m., last night (Wednesday, April 23rd), Tate decided to come on his own terms. Her water broke then, and at 9:49 p.m., Tate was born, and his 14 inch head 8lb 15oz body entered the world. He is darling. And Candice rocked it. She was NOT happy. She did NOT have her epidural. She did NOT have drugs. She did NOT have a particularly nice nurse either. She had one tiny dose of Stadol that kicked in after it was all over. But she still did such a good job. I was so impressed. 
And Kaitlynn was so cute. She held Tate's hand and said, "Don't be scared, Tate. Your sister's here." She kissed and loved him so softly and so cute. 
awww....

9 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

ahhhh YAAAAA!!!! Your an auntie again. Tell Candice she's awesome.

Sweet Em said...

The story about Kaitlynn made me tear up.

Candice does rock - WOW what a fast labor!

Anonymous said...

I think if I had that nurse all my pent up feelings of anger that I rarely express would probably have come out and she may not have lived through the night. Go Candice and Tate!

Suzette Selden said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for Candice, and you are one great aunt!

breymom said...

Now you've got a niece and nephew way to go! That is an incredible birth story. I've got to call Candice and ask the secret to quick labor. I'd be thrilled out of my mind to have a baby in that short of time WHAT IS HER SECRET! She should check the world book and see if she broke any records LOL I think I saw a little Ron in him during the video they have on their BLOG :)

Emily said...

I just went to Candice's blog and he's adorable. Her belly looked fake, like a big 'ole basketball shoved up her shirt. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have guessed she was pregnant from the back.
And congrats. Were you there for it?

indeazgirl said...

Her belly looked totally fake. Heavenly Father was really nice about the timing, too. Brad and I drove up right as she and Adam were driving to the hospital. So, yep, we were there for it all. Kaitlynn had been all prepped for the next day, and was totally thrown off when I told her Tate surprised us all and decided to come right then and she could change OUT of her pajamas.

breymom said...

Ok, that expression on Tate's face while he's being kissed is so cute! I'm sure Candice is relieved to have all you guys there. That is so cool you got to see the birth I've never been to anyone's but my own!

Maria said...

SOOOOOOOOO darling! Kudos to Candice. I don't think I'd like to try it that way!! What a proud aunt (and sister) you are! :)