Saturday, May 23, 2009

Creativity


I know we all have our own talents. And I know all too often we become more aware of the ones we don't have than the ones we do. At times, I think my life is so exciting. And then other times.... well, for example. I just stumbled upon this blog:
I'm glad I've been to New York and that I know I feel claustrophobic there. But there is a part of me that wants to live in Greenwich Village in a tiny little apartment and remodel it to be the coolest most artistic sexy place on earth. I love this girls' blog. I'm sure she has some very hard times, and that her life is not all roses, but, wow, it looks fun to be a freelance photographer, doesn't it? And to have your job be to stroll around NYC and find all the pretty things? And how many people sit on wet paint in a coat, turn it inside out, sew cute buttons on it, and call it fixed? This personality fascinates me. 
Here's about her:
Hi, I'm Katie! I'm a freelance photographer living in Greenpoint, Brooklyn with my boyfriend Matty and my silly cat Moo. I like to keep life fun and exciting by seeing, doing, and creating new things every day. Feel free to contact me at colormekatie@gmail.com.
And my 2 favorite posts of hers are:
April 1 (which almost made me cry)
and
March 27th
And April 28th's shadow project is just cool. 
I've also just posted a few of my favorite pictures of hers. I hope she doesn't mind.

p.s. I visit taught a girl who just moved to Buffalo ? to be in the only Masters of Creativity program in the U.S. How cool is that?

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

So funny you found this blog shortly after I did! I love that picture of those old people and actually had showed it it to Bran a few days ago!!!

Love it!

breymom said...

This does sound like one interesting person will you post a link to her blog?

colormekatie said...

You are so sweet!! Thanks for posting about my blog!=)