Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Lord Sent Me an Apostle


Last night I went to a fireside that Elder Richard G. Scott spoke at. This is a man whose voice never fails to lull me right to sleep, but I was excited to go nonetheless. I just want to say that what followed was one of the more powerful spiritual experiences of my life. His message on letting the Holy Ghost speak to you was exactly what I needed to hear in so many ways. I truly felt like the Lord sent this apostle to me. I am humbled and amazed. And grateful.

4 comments:

Sweet Em said...

This title forgives you for the other one. That sentence alone seems poetic to me, I'm glad you had such a great experience.

RC said...

I am glad the spirit was there so strong. After the report you gave to your mother on this experience, I was expecting a little more emotion in this post. I suppose some things are better left unsaid. Glad to know that you enjoyed his works, hand shake and the love he has for those under his stewardship.

Anonymous said...

This was such an amazing fireside. I don't honestly know if I've ever been to one that I needed more or one that was so powerful.

breymom said...

That sounds so cool, glad you got to go to that one. I went to a "singles" fireside Sun, I was the only non gray hair in the room, but, as I was crying over what the speaker was saying, I thought of you crying over church talks!