Monday, May 18, 2009

Restoring Life's Vital Forces


Today was a "me" day. Truth be told, I have a lot of these, but today especially. At least for a few hours. 
Today I got acupunctured. I've been acupunctured before, but that was about 10 years ago when I thought I needed to lose weight, mostly because I was in high school and I think most people in high school think they need to lose weight. This time was a little different. I think everybody has a baseline happiness level, and I just wasn't feeling mine. Things that should be awe-inspiring have seemed a lot less so lately, and how else are you supposed to restore your vital life forces than through acupuncture? 
The lady was really nice and, of course, wanted me to come back a few more times and take some herbs, which I will, to thank my insurance for covering me. The procedure took 20 minutes and was very relaxing until the last two minutes when my body "woke up" and was ready to go. Apparently this is pretty common. 
So basically, I feel quite great. My stomach started growling during it, so I went and had sushi and tried on clothes at Anthropologie that I did not buy (very hard to decide to buy vacation clothes or buy clothes while on vacation. I'm hoping there are fun places to shop over there...).
Anyways, fun day. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that kind of a day! I think they should offer things like that in salons. Maybe I'll start a new trend.

breymom said...

EWE needles in your skin! I'm so happy you feel alive and healthy. I hope you find a bonnie kilt in Ireland:)